Friday, July 26, 2013

Using Colette Laurel for a copycat dress!

I recently purchased the Colette Laurel dress and I plan to use it to make a copy cat dress. I showed my friend the dress pattern and she immediately showed me a dress that she had been eyeing on the Club Monaco website,

http://www.clubmonaco.com/product/index.jsp?productId=21344796&cp=12243590.12266330.19749596&ab=ln_women_features_dressshop




She said it looked just like the pattern I had just shown her. The more I looked at this dress, the more it grew on me, I initially hadn't liked the version with the ruffle on the sleeve edge but now I think that that's the version I will make! I feel like I have seen similar fabric at Joann so next time I am there, I will take a look and see what I can find! I zoomed in on the Club Monaco dress and it literally is the exact same pattern, the darts are all in the same place too.





No comments:

Post a Comment